I thoroughly enjoyed the first night in six months in my own bed - aaahhh! Once again, I have so little experience of being retired - at home - my brain was in full press ahead when I awoke. Then I reminded myself, "Self," I said, "Slow down, there's no rush, let the newness and wonder of this experience settle in; the let's get stuff done will happen - or maybe it won't be necessary!"
There are so many ways to BE BUSY - I'm 'busy' today learning how to relax adequately! Kari called and asked if I'd like to go out for dinner with her and the triplets late this afternoon. I want to thoroughly enjoy this current gift of being able to see them frequently as I know I'll be out adventuring again soon and won't be seeing them.
For my readers, if you have suggestions for adventures please share them with me. Maybe I should start planning that trip across the norther nUS and / or across Canada. I've always wanted to LIVE in the Fall in New England and Eastern Canada - Nova Scotia, maybe even Newfoundland. Ideas????
I have so much to think about .... Do I want to rent my house? Sell it? Where do I want to have a "base?" Do I need a base? Or storage only? What does the house need in terms of fix-up to rent? To sell?
What does Daphne Dolphin need for future travel, living, comfort? What's the order of importance?
What personal goals do I have?
1) Make a new monthly budget
2) Stick to it
3) Start actively investing money - take a little out of savings to 'play with' - that means be willing to make mistakes, i.e. lose capital, to learn new skills
4) Add more fresh fruits and vegetables to my diet
5) Find forms of exercise - cardio, strength, flexibility, etc. - that are doable and enjoyable - and don't hurt
6) Learn to groom Lacy - will save lots of money!
7) Do my taxes - extension filed - now due July 15th
8) Monitor health regularly - vitals, weight, energy
9) Read and study more